Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions set out the expectations for both the client and myself. They make sure that both parties are protected if any disagreements occur. My terms and conditions are written in plain English to keep them easy to read. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, please discuss them with me before agreeing to them.
A single session lasts for one hour. Sessions may be carried out in client's homes, schools, nurseries or preschools.
Time spent planning and preparing before sessions and writing up notes after sessions (approximately one hour) is included in the price
Invoices will be provided to the bill-payer within seven days of the completion of single sessions. Invoices for blocks will be provided prior to the commencement of the block.
Payment is accepted by cheque, cash or bank transfer. Cheques must be accompanied by a cheque guarantee card. Bank transfers must use the invoice number as the reference for the payment. Failure to provide the requisite cheque guarantee or bank transfer reference number may make it impossible for your payment to be processed, resulting in the non-payment procedure being initiated.
Payment for individual sessions is required within 14 days of the session. Payment for blocks is required no later than 7 days prior to the first session of the block.
Failure to settle invoices within the timescales detailed above will result in the following process:
- The bill-payer will be contacted with a friendly telephone call to remind him/her that payment is due.
- If payment is not received within 7 days of the date of this phone call, a letter will be sent to the bill-payer reminding him/her that payment is due, and specifying that a solicitor will be involved if payment is not received within 7 days of the date of the letter. Therapy will be stopped as of the date of this letter.
- If payment is not received within 7 days of the date of the warning letter, then the non-payment will be referred to a solicitor.
- Cancellation by the therapist:
- Cancellation by the client before the day of the appointment:
- Cancellation by the client on the day of the appointment:
- Cancellation of block sessions:
If the therapist cancels an appointment, the session can be re-arranged at a date and time which is convenient for the client and the therapist.
If the client cancels an appointment the day before the appointment, the session can be re-arranged at no cost.
If the client cancels an appointment on the day of the appointment, then the bill-payer will be invoiced for half the session rate.
In the case of all cancellations, if the session which was cancelled is part of a block, then it will not be counted as one of the block's sessions.
If the client fails to attend the appointment and does not attempt to cancel, then they will be invoiced for the full session rate. If the session which was not attended is part of a block, then the session will still count as one of the block's sessions. The following constitute failure to attend an appointment:
- The therapist attends the client's home for an appointment, but the client is not at home.
- The therapist attends the child's school or nursery but they are absent and the therapist was not informed by the bill-payer.